Monday, June 8, 2009

What's Blooming Today? Iris, Lady's Mantle, Chives and Columbine



The sun shone ALL weekend ~ what a treat! All the chores (labors of love, eh?) that seem to consume so much of the spring have diminished and it's time to just enjoy the blooms. Well...there may still be a weed or two...

Don't these chive flowers look a bit like tentacled sea anemones in the garden?

Bearded purple irises beckon the bumblebees with a fuzzy, yellow landing strip...

Chives burst from their papery skins...

Lady's Mantle
~ I've planted several clumps of these lovelies mixed with hostas along the border of one of my beds. Inspiration came from a local garden a friend and I have visited a number of times. We have plans to go there today! Annette has the most beautiful waves of plants she's repeated throughout her garden which is pleasing to the eye and ties it all together in the prettiest way!

Old Fashioned Columbine

4 comments:

  1. have you ever considered opening a wildwoman photography shop? your photo's are quite incredible!! beautiful post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kerrin...I just wrote in my shop announcement that Garden Shed Photography opens on Etsy on June 30! Cat Ludwig gave me a nudge and I'm gonna do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karon .. I just saw that on your shop front page!! I shall look forward to seeing your listings as they become available .. I believe you will have great success with it :)

    ReplyDelete