Sunday, June 17, 2012

Inspiration Journal


“Far better to live your own path imperfectly than to live another’s perfectly.”

-Bhagavad Gita

I've been searching for a journal-- a place to sketch ideas, glue photos and bits that inspire me, explore ideas, dream a little... something with great paper, an unusual shape, fairly large, simple and unique. The other day, I was cleaning some junk from our basement and came across three huge sheets of thick white paper - gorgeous soft, handmade paper with cotton fibres in its content. I think I once used it to create a snowbank for a bulletin board in my classroom. I remember loving the texture and weight when I bought it and it suddenly occurred to me that I needed to make this sought after journal myself. I've sewn torn strips of paper together to create a simple binding. A watercolor wash and title completed my little project -- and I've ended up with exactly what I was looking for!

I've begun to use it already-- here are some flower box photos that I've been thinking will inspire a bracelet in shades of orange, white and green, most likely with copper wire. I'm also thinking of autumn creations including some leaf pendants from copper sheeting and precious metal clay - I've gathered some leaves from the garden to study and sketch their shapes and details.

I'm happy! xo

1 comment:

  1. Silver Gold Bull is your reputable bullion dealer. They will provide you with bargain, live rates and guarantee that your bullion arrives to your door discreetly and safely.

    ReplyDelete