Friday, October 24, 2014

Experimenting with my Hand Saw

https://www.etsy.com/listing/208255639/robins-egg-blue-earrings-enameled-copper?ref=shop_home_active_10
 So, I've been playing with my hand saw experimenting with cutting designs on the interior of metal pieces.  When developing new processes and techniques, I tend to default to some of my reliable faves for other aspects of the designs and for these earrings I've cut whimsical freehand hearts - I love heart shapes! I've also repeated the enameling in gorgeous robin's egg but embellished the color with a sprinkling of orient red, a pretty complementary contrast!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/208255639/robins-egg-blue-earrings-enameled-copper?ref=shop_home_active_10
While creating these earrings, I could also see future designs featuring the concave side of my little domed discs, perhaps with some hammering for texture and finishing with oxidization rather than enameling...
 
If you're keen, these are available in the shop today! Just click on the photos for the link.
 
Hope the sun is out where you are ~ xo

No comments:

Post a Comment